Updated: May 17, 2021
This is simplicity at its best . The macro nutrients will vary depending on what is added into recipe but the base macros will simply be whatever is in the protein powder used and if milk is added or not. The average scoop of protein powder will have roughly 25 grams of protein. 2-3 grams of carbs and 0-4 grams of fat. Meal replacement proteins will contains more carbohydrates and fats.
-1 scoop of protein of choice. Casein protein tends to create a thicker, more pudding consistency.
- Approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water or milk depending on the consistency of your preference.
- 1-2 tbsp flavoring of choice.
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until cooled.
You can either start with a flavored protein, or you can add flavorings. I use Jordan's Skinny Syrups (see link below). My current line up includes: peach, pumpkin spice, salted caramel, peanut butter, butter toffee, lemon elder flower, chocolate chip cookie dough and mocha.
Fun combos to add in:
- pumpkin spice flavoring with a dash of pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- lemon elder flower flavoring, topped with fresh chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp black dutched cocoa powder topped with fresh sweet mint leaf
- whip cream and chocolate/ rainbow sprinkles
- oatmeal, granola, chia seeds
- pomegranate seeds, ground flax seed
- sugar free maple syrup, roasted crumbled pecans
Below is the link to my protein of choice for making this.
This is the sugar free flavoring mentioned above. Though they are usually sold at Home Goods for half the price. They have every single flavor you could possibly dream of!